What is WebWatcher? Is it trusty?
If you see “Ads by WebWatcher” as underlined advertisements on you browser, it is possible that your computer is infected with WebWatcher. WebWatcher is classified as an adware which can disturb computer browsing activities because it shows unstoppable ads and sponsored links on your browsers such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. In general, your computer may be infected with the adware when you download some freeware/shareware from unsafe websites, click on some malicious links/pop-ups, open some spam emails/email attachment or visit some malicious websites. Thus, you should pay more attention whenever you browsing online.
Once installed, the infected computer may be flooded with tons of pop-up advertisements that disturb you. Besides, it can redirect you to unknown websites which may contain other malware or virus. If you keep WebWatcher in your computer for a long time, your computer will become vulnerable and run slower seriously. What’s worse, it might collect your important information on your computer for illegal purpose. Therefore, you are suggested to remove it as soon as possible once found.
How to prevent ads by WebWatcher from computer?
To efficiently lessen the possibility of computer threats attack, you could follow such tips:
* Pay attention to check custom installation and do not choose the unwanted or malicious programs
* Be careful and resist the temptation to open emails from unknown resources.
* Download some programs or games at the official websites rather than some unsafe or social websites
* Pay attention to its bundled programs and avoid clicking some links casually.
* Install reputable real-time antivirus programs and scan your PC regularly.
Ads by WebWatcher removal guide step by step
Step 1: Uninstall any programs related to WebWatcher from Control Panel.
Windows Vista and Windows 7
1. Open the Start menu.
2. Click on the Control Panel and then click Uninstall a program.
3. Remove any suspicious programs.
1. Open the Start menu.
2. Click the Control Panel and then select Add or Remove Program.
3. Uninstall any suspicious programs.
1. Press Win+R.
2. Type in control panel and then click OK.
3. Choose the Uninstall a program.
4. Eliminate any suspicious programs.
Step 2. Remove malicious add-on and extensions from your web browsers.
(1) Open the Internet Explorer, click the ” gear icon” at the top right corner.
(2) Click the ” Manager add-on“.
(3) At the tab of “Toolbars and Extensions”, right click on unknown and suspicious extensions and then click on “Disable” to uninstall the malicious add-ons.
(1) Click the Firefox menu and click Add-on.
(2) Click Extensions, select the related browser add-on and click Disable.
(1) Click the Customize and Control menu button.
(2) Choose Tools.
(3) Click Extensions and then select the related browser add-on and remove it.
Step 3. Reset your browser (take IE as example)
a) Click Start, click Run, in the opened window type “inetcpl.cpl”.
b) Click “Advanced” tab, then click Reset.
Automatic steps – by using SpyHunter
SpyHunter is an adaptive real-time spyware detection and removal tool for your PC. You can remove WebWatcher and related extensions with this powerful tool. Please read the instruction below.
(Please be at ease for SpyHunter, since it will never bundle with any programs and it can get along with existing security programs without any conflicts.)
1). Click the download button below.
2). After finishing downloading, click Run to install SpyHunter step by step.
3). After finishing installing, SpyHunter will scan and diagnose your entire system automatically.
4). As the scanning is complete, all detected threats will be listed out. Then, you can click on “Fix Threats” to remove all of the threats found in your system.
Optional solution: use RegCure Pro to optimize your PC.
RegCure Pro is a kind of tool you need to install to boost your computer’s speed and performance. It can repair the computer’s system, and clean up the registry, junk, duplicate files and errors. The best way to improve your computer’s performance is to start with a scan. It can help you understand the current health status of your computer.
1. Download RegCure Pro by clicking on the button below.
2. Double-click on the RegCure Pro program to open it, and then follow the instructions to install it.
3. After installation, RegCure Pro will begin to automatically scan your computer.
After using these methods, your computer should be free of WebWatcher. If you do not have much experience to remove it manually, it is suggested that you should download the most popular antivirus program SpyHunter to help you quickly and automatically remove all possible infections from your computer.