Redirecting webpage is a destructive method usually used to help target websites increase internet traffic and advertise products from website sponsors. Designed specifically by cyber crooks, start.iminent.com is used to gain immoral revenue and violate the balance of operating system. Browsing applications will be the first target of start.iminent.com once this nasty browser hijacker get installed into the target system.
Your homepage and default search engines may be replaced to start.iminent.com which looks so formal and has no difference with Google Chrome or other legal search engines. Whiles, in reality, it is a browser hijacker that will not offer your correct search results, instead, malicious links may be mixed in the results and potential unwanted programs may be automatically downloaded into your system once you have incautiously clicked them.
Also, once gets installed, start.iminent.com runs in the background and takes up a lot of system resources and CPU usage. Computer users may suffer extremely slowly running speed when they try to run the programs as usual. Moreover, the PC gets stuck frequently or shuts down suddenly before people are able to save editing data.
Screenshot of start.iminent.com:
Troubles by start.iminent.com:
1. Computer would stuck at multiple tasks and run much slowly than before;
2. Page loading speed is much slower and the Internet connectivity is somehow unstable;
3. Ads may start to popup when you are browsing and they will increase in frequency;
4. Useless add-ons, extensions and toolbar application will come in your sight;
5. Wanted results may back to you if you hit back again;
6. Certain sites may be blocked and your homepage will not be changed back no matter what you have tried.
Method one: Start.iminent.com Manual Removal Guide
Step 1: Stop Start.iminent.com processes in the Windows Task Manager.
Step 2: Uninstall related and unwanted programs added by Start.iminent.com from Control Panel
Step 3: Delete the associated files of Start.iminent.com:
%appdata %\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Templates\ %CommonStartMenu%\Programs\.lnk %documents and settings%\ all users\application data\suspicious.exe %program files%\NPSWF32.dll
Step 4: Get rid of the related registry entries of Start.iminent.com:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\”Shell” = “[random].exe” HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\InternetExplorer\Main\CustomizeSearch=site address HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\Search Bar=site address
If manual removal is kinda difficult for you, you can choose automatic removal method as below to get rid of Start.iminent.com permanently from your system.
Method Two: Start.iminent.com automatic removal instruction:
SpyHunter is designed as a simple way for the average computer user to protect their PC from online threats. It is automatically configured to give you the best protection. It provides reliable protection against all kinds of malicious threats including spyware, adware, hijackers, rootkits, and more. You can follow the instructions provided below to download and install SpyHunter successfully, and enjoy the immediate and ongoing protection.
1. Download SpyHunter by clicking the following download link:
2. Double-click on the downloaded file. If asked to allow program to make changes to this computer, click “Yes” button.
3. In this step, please accept the Licence Agreement and click “Next >” button.
4. After the definition database is downloaded, system scan will automatically start.
Note: manual removal procedure requires certain expert skills to avoid wrong operation which may damage your computer permanently. And you need to be very careful to distinguish all the harmful files and registries due to the changeable characters of Start.iminent.com. If you have spent too much time in manual removing Start.iminent.com and still not make any progress, you’d better stop and choose the automatic removal method – download and install Spyhunter here to remove Start.iminent.com for you immediately and completely.