You got an error code SMeQ1177DYJX6 from a suspected Windows popup? It asked you to contact Windows at a given number to fix the problem? Please don’t get cheated. It is actually a scam. Here is a guide teaching you how to remove it. Please keep reading.
What is Error Code SMeQ1177DYJX6?
Error Code SMeQ1177DYJX6 is from a scam popup that usually asks innocent computer users to contact a bogus Windows Support. Please note that Windows will never warn you through websites. So once you see an “error code SMeQ1177DYJX6” popup, you should find out and remove what causes it.
The Error Code SMeQ1177DYJX6 Popp usually appears after you download some kinds of programs to your computer. Those programs are often compromised by the cyber criminals. Please remember not to download software uploaded by other people. Besides, this kind of popup can be triggered by the malicious code that has been injected by the malware in your computer. You can stop this annoying error code popup by clearing away the malware infections.
Commonly, Error Code SMeQ1177DYJX6 Popup can mess up your internet browsing by redirecting your browser default home page and start page. It can even freeze your browsers and block you from the internet. If you want to leave this popup, you can either end the malicious browser process from Task Manager or restart your computer.
How to Remove Error Code SMeQ1177DYJX6 Popup?
This annoying scam popup can pop up and freeze your browser constantly. You should clear away all the related threats to completely get rid of this popup. Here is a guide that can help you out.
Method 1: Manually Remove Error Code SMeQ1177DYJX6 Popup from IE/Firefox/Chrome
Method 2: Automatically Remove Error Code SMeQ1177DYJX6 Popup with SpyHunter
Method 1: Manual Removal Instruction
Step 1. Stop Error Code SMeQ1177DYJX6 process in Task Maneger.
Press Ctrl+sShift+Esc or Ctrl+Alt+Delete to open Windows Task Manager, find malicious processes and click End process.
Step 2. Uninstall Error Code SMeQ1177DYJX6 from Control Panel.
- Right click “Start” button or lower left corner of your desktop to open the Menu.
- Select “Control Panel” option in the menu.
- Click “Uninstall a Program” to open the list of installed programs.
- Select malicious program and click “Uninstall” button.
Windows 7 or Vista
- Click on “Start” button placed at the bottom left corner.
- Click “Control Panel” option in the Start menu
- Locate “Uninstall a program“/”Programs and Features” option in the Control Panel menu
- Scroll through the program list and highlight malicious program. Then, click “Uninstall“
Step 3. Remove Error Code SMeQ1177DYJX6 from your browser.
1. Open Internet Explorer, then click on the gear icon (Tools for Windows XP users) at the top (far right), then select Manage add-ons.
2. From the Toolbars and Extensions tab, select unwanted or relative extensions and click on Disable.
3. on Search Providers, remove Error Code SMeQ1177DYJX6 from the list.
4. Tools > Internet Options > General >Home pages > Use default. Replace Error Code SMeQ1177DYJX6 or random URL with a desired domain like www.google.com> Click Apply to complete the operation.
Close your Internet Explorer, right click on your IE shortcut and then click on the Properties option.
1. Click on the button at the top right corner to open Menu > Add-ons > Extensions >
2. Find Error Code SMeQ1177DYJX6 related add-ons and delete them.
3. Simultaneously tap Alt+T keys and select Options > General tab and move to the Home Page. Overwrite/remove the Home Page URL and click OK.
On Firefox, tab Alt and H altogether, select Troubleshooting Information > Reset > Reset Firefox
1. Click on the Customize icon(wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
Find Error Code SMeQ1177DYJX6 related extensions and delete them.
2. Go to Chrome Menu >Settings > On startup >Set pages >
3. Click on the X button to delete it and add a new URL, for example, www.google.com.
(1). Settings > Appearance > Change >
(2). Settings > Search > Manage search engines >
Note: The manual removal is possibly hard for you. Make sure that you can handle it by yourself. If you can not make it on your own, you are recommended to download useful removal tools SpyHunter to assist you. Please read the following post carefully.
Method 2: Automatic Removal Instruction
SpyHunter is an adaptive real-time spyware detection and removal tool for your PC. You can remove Error Code SMeQ1177DYJX6 and related extensions with this powerful tool. Please read the instruction below. (Please be at ease for SpyHunter, since it will never bundle with any programs and it can get along with existing security programs without any conflicts.) 1). Click the download button below.
2). After finishing downloading, click Run to install SpyHunter step by step.
3). After finishing installing, SpyHunter will scan and diagnose your entire system automatically.
4). As the scanning is coplete, all detected threats will be listed out. Then, you can click on “Fix Threats” to remove all of the threats found
Scan and Optimize Your PC with RegCure Pro (Highly Recommended)
RegCure Pro is packed with the tools you need to boost your PC’s speed and performance. Featuring an intuitive interface and easy-to-use work flow, RegCure Pro scans common problem areas – and quickly and safely fixes them. As well, it has several tools and features to address other performance and computing issues. You are welcomed to follow the guide below and install it.
1). Click the icon to download RegCure Pro.
2). Click “Yes” to run the profile.
3). Click “Next Button” and finish the installation process.
4). After installation, run the RegCure Pro to start.
5). Scan your computer for errors by making a system scan.
6).After scanning, choose the items you want to clean and fix them.
Error Code SMeQ1177DYJX6 is a pesky adware that will do a lot of unexpected behaviors in your computer. It is high time to remove it from your PC. If you need a quicker and safer way out of adware/spyware/malware, please feel free to Download and Install Powerful Security Tool Here.