What is Spotthis.info?
Spotthis.info is reported by AVGThreatLabs as a potentially active malware because there are malware on the main site of this domain. BitDefender has also concluded it as a malware site. It is often used by cyber criminals to spread scams. Once infected, it will collect your information and steal your other confidential data, which is not all. It can also change your browser settings and other important settings. It will automatically open your browser and redirect your page to other websites, where you might infect with other malware. Here are the detailed troubles triggered by spotthis.info.
- It can modify your browser home page and new tab;
- It can display random and unstoppable pop-ups;
- It can collect your IP, emails, logins, passwords, or even banking details;
- It can alter your Windows registry in start page and main page;
- It can even lock your web browser and not allow you to surf the internet.
You should be alert with it in case it triggers other malware or dangerous Trojan to your computer. Please note that this nasty popup usually takes effect after you download and install something like adware, PUP, or certain malware. It gets installed with or without your awareness. If it stays long in your computer, it will insert more threats to your computer and damage your system. You should remove it without any delay.
How to Remove Spotthis.info?
You should uninstall suspicious programs from the uninstall list and restore your browser settings. You should find out all the associated threats and remove them to make your computer back to normal. Here are some methods that may help you. Please keep reading.
- Manually Remove Spotthis.info from Your Computer
- Automatically Remove Malware That Cause Spotthis.info with SpyHunter
Method 1: Manual Removal Instruction
Step 1. Stop Spotthis.info process in Task Maneger.
Press Ctrl+sShift+Esc or Ctrl+Alt+Delete to open Windows Task Manager, find malicious processes and click End process.
Step 2. Uninstall Spotthis.info from Control Panel.
- Right click “Start” button or lower left corner of your desktop to open the Menu.
- Select “Control Panel” option in the menu.
- Click “Uninstall a Program” to open the list of installed programs.
- Select malicious program and click “Uninstall” button.
Windows 7 or Vista
- Click on “Start” button placed at the bottom left corner.
- Click “Control Panel” option in the Start menu
- Locate “Uninstall a program“/”Programs and Features” option in the Control Panel menu
- Scroll through the program list and highlight malicious program. Then, click “Uninstall“
Step 3. Remove Spotthis.info from your browser.
1. Open Internet Explorer, then click on the gear icon (Tools for Windows XP users) at the top (far right), then select Manage add-ons.
2. From the Toolbars and Extensions tab, select unwanted or relative extensions and click on Disable.
3. on Search Providers, remove Spotthis.info from the list.
4. Tools > Internet Options > General >Home pages > Use default. Replace Spotthis.info or random URL with a desired domain like www.google.com> Click Apply to complete the operation.
Close your Internet Explorer, right click on your IE shortcut and then click on the Properties option.
1. Click on the button at the top right corner to open Menu > Add-ons > Extensions >
2. Find Spotthis.info related add-ons and delete them.
3. Simultaneously tap Alt+T keys and select Options > General tab and move to the Home Page. Overwrite/remove the Home Page URL and click OK.
On Firefox, tab Alt and H altogether, select Troubleshooting Information > Reset > Reset Firefox
1. Click on the Customize icon(wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
Find Spotthis.info related extensions and delete them.
2. Go to Chrome Menu >Settings > On startup >Set pages >
3. Click on the X button to delete it and add a new URL, for example, www.google.com.
(1). Settings > Appearance > Change >
(2). Settings > Search > Manage search engines >
Note: The manual removal is possibly hard for you. Make sure that you can handle it by yourself. If you can not make it on your own, you are recommended to download useful removal tools SpyHunter to assist you. Please read the following post carefully.
Method 2: Automatic Removal Instruction
SpyHunter is an adaptive real-time spyware detection and removal tool for your PC. You can remove Spotthis.info and related extensions with this powerful tool. Please read the instruction below. (Please be at ease for SpyHunter, since it will never bundle with any programs and it can get along with existing security programs without any conflicts.) 1). Click the download button below.
2). After finishing downloading, click Run to install SpyHunter step by step.
3). After finishing installing, SpyHunter will scan and diagnose your entire system automatically.
4). As the scanning is coplete, all detected threats will be listed out. Then, you can click on “Fix Threats” to remove all of the threats found
Scan and Optimize Your PC with RegCure Pro (Highly Recommended)
RegCure Pro is packed with the tools you need to boost your PC’s speed and performance. Featuring an intuitive interface and easy-to-use work flow, RegCure Pro scans common problem areas – and quickly and safely fixes them. As well, it has several tools and features to address other performance and computing issues. You are welcomed to follow the guide below and install it.
1). Click the icon to download RegCure Pro.
2). Click “Yes” to run the profile.
3). Click “Next Button” and finish the installation process.
4). After installation, run the RegCure Pro to start.
5). Scan your computer for errors by making a system scan.
6).After scanning, choose the items you want to clean and fix them.
Spotthis.info is a pesky adware that will do a lot of unexpected behaviors in your computer. It is high time to remove it from your PC. If you need a quicker and safer way out of adware/spyware/malware, please feel free to Download and Install Powerful Security Tool Here.