Does this program below a legit Anti-virus program? It shows up on my computer from suddenly, and I don’t know how to uninstall it.
Win 8 Antivirus 2014 is definitely a fake antivirus program that can be classified as rogue program. This program is generally bundled with another program that everyone can download easily. However, once you down it, Win 8 Antivirus 2014 will be downloaded as well.
When Win 8 Antivirus 2014 accesses into your computer successfully, it can do virus scanning automatically, and lots of nonexistent threats will be detected. To help you clean up those threats, you have to pay its fee to full version.
Of course, it is a scam. I bet those threats can also be detected if you test as a brand new computer. Meanwhile, this program can also spread other unwanted things. Lots of little-known and unfamiliar programs will show up on your screen time to time, and the performance of your computer will gradually turn slower and slower.
So, it is no doubt that you should take some measure to get rid of Win 8 Antivirus 2014 from your computer as soon as possible. Since it is hard to be removed with regular removal ways, no worries, I will show two methods that can get it out from your computer. Follow this article.
Potential Harms of Win 8 Antivirus 2014:
1. Win 8 Antivirus 2014 changes the default settings in your computer
2. Win 8 Antivirus 2014 adds lots of useless applications into your computer.
3. Win 8 Antivirus 2014 pretends as an antivirus program to scam money from you.
4. Win 8 Antivirus 2014 affects the performance of your computer.
5. Win 8 Antivirus 2014 can even collect your personal information from your computer.
Two Solutions for Uninstalling Win 8 Antivirus 2014:
Solution 1: Follow the manual removal guide to clean up Win 8 Antivirus 2014 step by step.
Solution 2: Use Spyhunter antivirus program to remove Win 8 Antivirus 2014.
Guide of Removing Win 8 Antivirus 2014 Manually:
STEP1- Uninstall Win 8 Antivirus 2014 from Windows Control Panel
1. Open Control Panel using instructions below according to your operation system.
For Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7:
a) Click on the “Start” button on the lower-left of your monitor.
b) Locate and select “Control Panel”.
For Windows 8:
a) Hover your mouse on the bottom left corner of the computer screen and wait for the icon to appear.
b) Right-click on the icon to display list of accessible programs.
c) Double-click “Control Panel” icon from the list.
2. When you have Control Panel window open, click on “Add or Remove Program” or “Programs and Features” (if you’re using Windows XP/Vista/7). Or find and select “Uninstall a program” under Programs area if you’re using Windows 8.
3. Your next display now shows a screen that lists programs that are installed on your computer. Scroll through the list to look for Browsing Protection icon, and then select it to start ridding it from your computer by clicking “Remove” or “Uninstall” button.
4. On the next prompt, you need to confirm the uninstall process and press “OK” to proceed with the removal.
5. When all steps are done, reboot your computer regularly to apply all made changes.
STEP2-Clean up its related things.
1) The associated processes of Win 8 Antivirus 2014 to be stopped:
2) The associated files of Win 8 Antivirus 2014 to be deleted:
3) The registry entries of Win 8 Antivirus 2014 that need to be removed:
Remove Win 8 Antivirus 2014 with Spyhunter:
1) Please click this download icon below to install Spyhunter.
2) Install Spyhunter Step by Step:
3) Run a scan with SpyHunter and remove all detected threats.
4) Remove reported threats.