Information about Locker v1.7
Locker v1.7 is classified as a ransomware which is created to encrypt certain files on your computer and demand payment before you can gain access to your own files. It shows you the message claiming that all your personal files on computer are locked and encrypted by Locker v1.7 and you have to click on the payment tab and pay money to obtain the unique private key to decrypt your files. You should not be cheated. It just want to extort money from you. What you should do is take action to remove it from your PC immediately. You may receive the page of Locker v1.7 like this:
Once infected, Locker v1.7 is able to encrypt your important files. If you want to decrypt your files, you must pay some money. In fact, it is a fraud. Even you pay for it, you also cannot decrypt your files. It just want to extort money from you. In addition, Locker v1.7 also can damage your system greatly without your consent. It can mess up your system, registry, and change your system files. Moreover, it is able to collect your personal confidential information such as credit card number and password, as well as your other financial information. Thus, you should remove Crypt0L0cker immediately once detected.
Tips on how to avoid getting Locker v1.7 again
- Stay away from spam email or suspicious attachment;
- Do not visit weird and strange websites;
- Avoid downloading some freeware from unknown sources.
- Always choose custom installation when installing a program.
- Scan your PC with reputed antivirus software regularly.
Locker v1.7 Removal Guide Step by Step
Locker v1.7 is really a dangerous ransomware. It is high time to remove it completely from your computer. Here are two methods for removing Locker v1.7. Please read the following post carefully.
Method one: Manually remove Locker v1.7 from your system.
Step 1: Restart your computer in safe mode with networking.
(1) Restart your computer, as your computer restarts but before Windows launches, tap “F8″ key constantly.
(2) Use the arrow keys to highlight the ” Safe Mode With Networking” option.
(3) Then press Enter.
Step 2. Remove Locker v1.7 from Windows Task Manager.
Press Ctrl+Alt+Del or Ctrl+Shift+Esc or type “taskmgr” and press OK > end its associated running process.
Step 3: Show all hidden files and clean all the malicious files about Locker v1.7.
(1) Click the Start button and choose Control Panel.
(2) Clicking Appearance and Personalization, and then find Folder Options then double-click on it.
(3) In the pop-up dialog box, click the View tab and uncheck Hide protected operating system files.
(4) Click OK .
Step 4. Clear your internet history records, internet temp files and cookies by resetting your browsers.
1) Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or Tools.
2) Choose Internet options.
3) Go to the Advanced tab and click the Reset button.
4) Go to the Reset Internet Explorer settings, Delete personal settings and click on Reset option.
5) Finally, click Close and OK to save the changes.
1) Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the Help section
2)Go to Troubleshooting Information. Then select Reset Firefox and click Finish.
1) Open Google Chrome,
2) Click the Chrome menu button, select Tools, and choose Extensions,
3) Find unknown extension and remove them by clicking Recycle bin.
4) Now click Settings, then click Show Advanced settings, Reset browser settings and click Reset.
Step 5: Remove Locker v1.7 from Registry Editor.
(1) Go to Start Menu and open Registry Editor.
(2) In the opened Window, type in Regedit and then click OK.
(3) Remove the related files and registry entries in Registry Editor.
Method two: Remove Locker v1.7 Permanently with Spyhunter Antivirus software.
If you don’t have much time or patience to remove Locker v1.7, you can download and install Spyhunter to do the job for you. You not only enjoy the removal but also can keep Spyhunter and protect your computer in the future. Go on and Try it.
(Please be at ease for SpyHunter, since it will never bundle with any programs and it can get along with existing security programs without any conflicts.)
1). Click the download button below.
2). After finishing downloading, click Run to install SpyHunter step by step.
3). After finishing installing, SpyHunter will scan and diagnose your entire system automatically.
4). As the scanning is complete, all detected threats will be listed out. Then, you can click on “Fix Threats” to remove all of the threats found in your system.
Optional solution: use RegCure Pro to optimize your PC.
RegCure Pro is a kind of tool you need to install to boost your computer’s speed and performance. It can repair the computer’s system, and clean up the registry, junk, duplicate files and errors. The best way to improve your computer’s performance is to start with a scan. It can help you understand the current health status of your computer.
1. Download RegCure Pro by clicking on the button below.
2. Double-click on the RegCure Pro program to open it, and then follow the instructions to install it.
3. After installation, RegCure Pro will begin to automatically scan your computer.
After using these methods, your computer should be free of Locker v1.7. If you do not have much experience to remove it manually, it is suggested that you should download the most popular antivirus program SpyHunter to help you quickly and automatically remove all possible infections from your computer.