“Hi and thank you guys for helping those of us who do not know how. For weeks now, no matter which browser we chose to use, our Avast antivirus periodically and repeatedly would pop up a warning box saying “threat has been detected”. Each time Avast said that it dealt with the problem by blocking it but it kept coming back time after time after time….”
According to the description of a computer user which has been infected with pup.optional.multiplug.gen, pup.optional.multiplug.gen is really nasty that is able to constantly display pop-up warning box saying “threat has been detected”. Moreover, it is mot only annoying, if you don’t remove it in time, your system may encounter more serious problems.
Know more about pup.optional.multiplug.gen
Pup.optional.multiplug.gen is deemed as a nasty Trojan which is capable of invading into the security-vulnerable computer secretly and performing evil actions to open backdoor to help hacker get access your PC.
Generally speaking, it mainly invades into your system via several approaches. For example, it is usually bundled with free download files shared on some suspicious websites. In addition, when you read some spam email attachments, click malicious links or visit some hacked websites, etc, it may infiltrate your system together without your awareness.
Once infected, it may perform a series of harmful actions:
- It introduces various advertising-support programs to mess up your PC.
- It adds more nasty extensions to your browsers and then generates endless pop-up ads.
- It compromises your system security and takes up high resources to slow down your computer speed.
- It may open backdoor on your PC and help more adware and malware enter the system.
- It may be used by hackers to monitors your online activities to collect your confidential information.
Want a quicker way to solve it? >> Download Automatic Virus Removal Tool
Remove PUP.optional.multiplug.gen with effective methods
>>Method one: Manually remove PUP.optional.multiplug.gen.
Step 1: End up all the harmful running processes related to PUP.optional.multiplug.gen.
1. Click on Task Bar, then select Start Task Manager to open Windows Task Manager (or Press Alt+Ctrl+Del keys at the same time to open Windows Task Manager.)
2. Under the tab Processes, find out and right click on all processes associated with the malicious program, then click End Processes.
Step 2: Show all hidden files and clean all the malicious files about PUP.optional.multiplug.gen.
(1) Click the Start button and choose Control Panel.
(2) Clicking Appearance and Personalization, and then find Folder Options then double-click on it.
(3) In the pop-up dialog box, click the View tab and uncheck Hide protected operating system files.
(4) Click OK .
Step 3: Remove the suspicious extensions from browsers.
From Google Chrome
1) “Customize and control Google Chrome” > “More Tools” > “Extensions”.
2) Choose the relevant extensions and disable it.
From Internet Explore
1) “Tools” > “Manager add-ons” > “Extensions”.
2) Find the extensions and disable it.
From Mozilla Firefox
1) Click on “Open menu” >” Add-ons” >” Extensions”.
2) Find the extensions and remove it.
Step 4: Remove PUP.optional.multiplug.gen from Registry Editor.
(1) Go to Start Menu and open Registry Editor.
(2) In the opened Window, type in Regedit and then click OK.
(3) Remove the related files and registry entries in Registry Editor.
>>Method two: Remove PUP.optional.multiplug.gen Permanently with Spyhunter Antivirus software.
What can SpyHunter do for you?
- Give your PC intuitive real-time protection.
- Detect, remove and block spyware, rootkits, adware, keyloggers, cookies, trojans, worms and other types of malware.
- Spyware HelpDesk generates free custom malware fixes specific to your PC.
- Allow you to restore backed up objects.
Accept the Setup Agreement and follow the wizard to install it on your computer step by step.
2: Launch it and click “Malware Scan”.
3: When the results come out, fix it immediately.
Optional solution: Download and run RegCure Pro to optimize your PC.
What can RegCure Pro do for you?
- Fix system errors.
- Remove malware.
- Improve startup.
- Defrag memory.
- Clean up your PC.
1. Download RegCure Pro by clicking on the button below.
2. Double-click on the RegCure Pro program to open it, and then follow the instructions to install it.
3. After installation, RegCure Pro will begin to automatically scan your computer.
After using these methods, your computer should be free of PUP.optional.multiplug.gen. If you do not have much experience to remove it manually, it is suggested that you should download the most popular antivirus program SpyHunter to help you quickly and automatically remove all possible infections from your computer.